Thursday, February 17, 2011

A nice bitch


This doesn't mean that you should not care. Just stop being a doormat.

I saw a friend posting this pic on Facebook and imediately had an inspiration to write about a book I recently read.

Ever thought why those guys who you actually ignore keep on chasing you?

Sherry Argov's "Why men love Bitches" is not at all a book on how to please men, the opposite: it is about pleasing yourself and that way getting a nice relationship.

Many girls tend to forget themselves when they start to date a guy. We want to be perfect girlfriends and make sure man has everything he needs: we cook for him, prepare for hours to look our best and even change our plans just to meet him. We stop to see our friends. We make sure we are available all the time.

But in the end nobody wins. Men get bored with women who are too dependent on them and have no own plans and opinions. And women get disappointed as after all that effort men don't appreciate it. The message of the book is simple: just be yourself and keep on doing your thing. Men will treat you as you treat yourself.

This book blew my mind. Personally I regocnized I have been too "nice" too often. I have always had difficulties to say no. When a guy suggests something, it is "ok", I let him decide. I have waited a guy to inform me about his plans before making my own plans. And worst of all, I have not talked enough about my future plans and dreams.

Also, the person I am with has the right to know what I want from my life. Only then it is based on reality.

But in the end, what is the worst thing could happen if I was just being myself and did my thing 100%? The guy would dumb me? Ha! Then he is not the right one.

This book sounded like some superficial cosmo stuff, but I am happy I read it. It provided very useful tools to get over the nicegirlsyndrome.

I highly recommend!


Some principles from the author:

  • It is your attitude about yourself that a man will adopt.
  • The biggest difference between a bitch and a woman who is too nice is fear. The bitch shows that she’s not afraid to be without him
  • If the choice is between her dignity and having a relationship, the bitch will prioritize her dignity above all else.

No comments:

Post a Comment