Thursday, February 10, 2011

Happiness is the way

Why this blog? I have never been a writer or exactly enjoyed writing before. But sometimes small miracles happen: some ideas are simply worth of spreading!

Life is full of surprises. Unfortunately sometimes unexpected changes or accidents might change our plans totally, not in the way we hoped. Our heart might break or we might lose our health, or a person we love. Suddenly the whole world looks black and grey. But these moments can actually bring us something. 

The way we see life might change. 

There are some people who seem to be always on a good mood and radiate their energy to all the people around them. Wish I was one of them! For other people, it is not that simple. Even if everything was great in our lives, we sometimes become blind to those things. People tend to be critical towards themselves and others and see only the negative things around them: If I had that job I would be happy or if only my boyfriend would change, I would be happier. This is the sure way to be unhappy for the rest of your life. We can only change our own thinking, we cannot change other people. The happiness is between our ears and depends only on ourselves.

How often do you remember to be grateful of your health, family, friends and simple things like your job, that cup of coffee, warm shower and the fact that you are not alone? Sometimes a reason to be grateful might simply be that a bad day is over or you finally left something unpleasant behind you. But the main message is to be aware of those great things you have in your life, everyday.

So, to come to an end, last Christmas I started to write down at least five things everyday that I am grateful for. This method is recommended by many spiritual authors and coaches in order to be more aware of the positive things in our lives. First it was a little difficult, but after some weeks I noticed that something had changed. I was obliged to turn my attention more and more to positive things, and it worked out. I was so excited about this change that I decided not to keep it only for myself but to share it with you. The only way to be happy is to live in the moment and appreciate the things in my life NOW.
  
There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way. – Wayne Dyer

Five reasons to be happy today:


No comments:

Post a Comment