Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quality moments

Finland, what a great country, thank you so much!

It must be true that you only know what you got once you lose it. Before I took being at home for granted, now it feels like I am on a luxury holiday.




Everything has gone just perfectly since I came. Sunshine, diamond snow, fresh coldness. We broke the coldness record again today, minus 39 degrees or so. It is pretty cold and ok I am not surprised I saw some complaints in peoples fb statuses. But this is so great. In continental Europe winter is humid, wet, muddy and grey. This is the real winter!

Plus I have been eating all those Finnish delicious foods I really missed: salmon in the oven, Carelian pies, Christmas cookies (yes I know Christmas is in 10 months), rasberries, blue berries, rye bread...and sauna accompagned with a cool apple cider.

Now listening the sound of the fire place and looking out of the window. Everything is so calm, it seems like the time has stopped. Oh yes, more these kind of moments. This is food for the soul. 









No comments:

Post a Comment