Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Travel near, see far

Last couple of days have been mind shaking. Has something particular happened? No. Nothing happened. I have just spent some days at a summer cabin located deep in the forest by a beautiful lake and done nothing but listening the wind and the waves, sleeping, eating and laughing. And especially: no internet. Now feeling like I had been meditating non-stop for four days without any effort.

First day some random stress and worries were still circling on my mind. Then it all just disappeared. Maybe it was the nature. Maybe the the company: people with whom I could be 100 % myself.

It is mind shaking because I haven't felt this good for a long time. I am too often thinking what to do next, my past decisions or concentrating something else than now. Planning to travel somewhere far or greater or being somewhere else, doing something else. It could also be, that in the city there has been too much noise, too many vain signals and messages, too many choices and opportunities preventing me from seeing what is truly essential. I really needed a simple environment to listen to myself again.

The message is: it doesn't matter how many countries I visit, how much I earn or if I have the coolest job if I cannot enjoy it NOW. The only thing matters how I experience and perceive the things I am doing in this moment, what ever they are. There is now way to get where I would truly like to be, If I don't like the way I get there.

Maybe the greatest way to express gratefulness is just simply live in the moment for 100 % and somehow be aware of it. And other way around.


No comments:

Post a Comment