Friday, July 29, 2011

practising drawing


As many big things start from a small step, this week I have tried to provoke the creativeness in me! Dedicated to mum.

I finally took this step thanks to Julia Cameron's book about creativity: one of the recommended tasks to generate one's creativeness is to write "morning pages". This means writing  three slides of text every morning- what ever comes to your mind. Writing should push subconsious and creative thoughts out of the corners of our minds and get rid of the stress and worries the first thing in the morning so we could concentrate on the essential. This sounded a bit crazy first, but I tried it and in some point noticed that small changes started to happen: I wrote a small poem, changed morning routines and finally picked up a pen again and started to draw!







No comments:

Post a Comment