Thursday, November 22, 2012

The aftermath

Learn and let go - or the other way around?

It is funny how things suddenly are put in a different perspective when you step out from a situation and let go.

No matter how painful it has been, I know letting go was the only way out. I have tried to change before, but I never had similar insights I have had now. Since then, I am able to look at things objectively and learning so much about relationships, myself, the other person and love. It makes me less sad and more calm when I realize this was for the best of everyone and had to happen to turn things better. Only now I can see clearly what I appreciate, what I want and what I will miss.

It is true that we have to like and care about ourselves first, otherwise we have nothing to give to another person. By loving and respecting ourselves, we attract people who show us love and respect and automatically become more generous in loving other people. By focusing on what we appreciate in the other person, we get more on what we focus on. Same goes for complaints.

In the and couples should simply have more fun!

Comforting words from Marci Shimoff - The Secret

Even if you're having a really hard time in a relationship... things aren't working, you're not getting along, someone's in your face... you still can turn that relationship around.
Take a piece of paper, and for the next thirty days, once a day sit down and write all the things that you appreciate about that person. Think about all the reasons that you love them. You appreciate their sense of humor, you appreciate how supportive they are. And what you'll find is that when you focus on appreciating and acknowledging their strengths, that's what you'll get more of. And the problems will fade away.


What if it is too late?


Sometimes it is too late, but at least we can always learn and improve ourselves. People also change. Not all the relationships are meant to last. If we could feel joy and positive feelings with anyone by just loving ourselves, it would not matter who our life partner was. Before getting there we need to know what we want, and then become that person ourselves.



No comments:

Post a Comment